Amazing Brains 'Ultimate Study System'
The Ultimate Revision System™ is a complete and comprehensive framework to aid exam preparation that is unique for its interdependent components and resources.
It has been designed to help students ace their exams in five easy steps, but it requires effort, a winning mindset and self-discipline.
Features of the system:
- It is informed and underpinned by educational and psychological research;
- It consists of five simple, yet comprehensive interconnected parts;
- It is suitable for all learners, from the super organised to the last minute crammer;
- It is a logical system, with easy to follow instructions covering all stages of the revision process from planning to execution;
- It reinforces to students the benefits (supported by research from UCLA) of using hand-written (as opposed to digital) notes when revising;
- It emphasises the importance of using review systems when preparing for exams – research having recognised that review systems, and in particular, spaced repetition, help commit information to long-term memory;
- It promotes retrieval practice and dual coding - well established and effective revision techniques.
The Ultimate Revision System consists of:
- Big Picture Planners (x10)
- Weekly and Holiday Planners (x 25 Weekly and x10 Holiday)
- Syllabus Maps (x40)
- Multi-coloured Connection Cards (x50)
- Prep and Review Pad (x60)
- Quality A3 (Tuff Bag) Folder
- 8 Coloured Pens
Also includes a comprehensive set of instructions on how to use the system.
INFORMATION ABOUT WEEKLY PLANNERS
This A4 pad is all you will need to keep your studies and revision in check on a weekly basis. Assuming that you are a student that spends the majority of your time in school or college, then this is the resource for you. This is the perfect tool to help you maximise holiday periods. Like all Amazing Brains resources the planning pads also come with full instructions on how to maximise the benefit from them.
If you really want to be organised then use the weekly planning pad throughout the academic year and not just in the lead up to exams.
INFORMATION ABOUT SYLLABUS MAPS
Syllabus Mapping™ is an excellent summary tool that will help you structure information and allow you to see the 'big picture' of the subject or topic. It will also enable you to understand where topics fit and link together. The pads are colour coded to help organise and compartmentalise information. Syllabus maps work best when used in conjunction with Connection Cards™
Syllabus Mapping™ pads come with a full set of comprehensive instructions.
INFORMATION ABOUT CONNECTION CARDS
Connection Cards™ are the perfect study tool for use throughout the academic year. They have been tried and tested by students from Age 12 to those taking university exams.
They are the ideal resource for writing out condensed/concise notes, making them more manageable and digestible for students. Connection Cards™ are also extremely flexible and students are encouraged to use a range of ways to organise and present information on the cards - graphic organisers, diagrams, bulleted notes, mnemonics etc. They are also bite-sized and portable which makes it easy for students to revise as they go about their daily business.
Connection Cards™ come with a full set of comprehensive instructions. The pad contains 50 Sheets (10 colours, 5 of each).
We Also Recommend